Will the vendor be there when a situation arises?
When deciding on the perfect ERP software for your company most people concentrate on the software by itself and completely forget about the vendor selling the software. Buying software without taking the time to learn about the vendor is like going on a blind date. It can either go well or absolutely terrible. In order to avoid a terrible experience you need to ask questions…lots of questions!
- How long has the vendor been in business (experience)?
- What kind of customer references do they have?
- How do they treat customers in the sales cycles?
- Have they had successful implementation with little technical issues?
- What kind of technical support will you receive?
- Have they has past technical issues?
- What is their financial standing?
- What makes their ERP Software (and customer service) better than others?
By asking these questions before making a final decision you will be able to save your time and money. If you don’t ask questions you leave yourself open to the possibility that you’ll end up in a sticky situation later with no easy way out.